Friday 9 October 2015

Twitter Review

Twitter ReviewWhat can you say about Twitter? With no facts whatsoever to back this up, I would say it's the most popular social network of them all.
Twitter is fast paced, fun and engaging.
When I first started my blog, I stupidly thought I would write posts and people would magically know they existed. Wrong! After a month or so of writing posts and getting excited if my page views got into double figures, I knew I either had to stop blogging or start promoting. So I waded into the world of Twitter. I've used Twitter before, so I had a vague idea of what I was getting myself into, but first time around, I didn't enjoy it, so I thought it would be a case of grin and bear it.
I joined and followed some bloggers, and slowly at first, some of them followed me back. Then people started following me from my blog, or seeing my tweets, and my followers grew.
I actually tweeted complete strangers and they became friends. I tweeted about my blog, and people started to read it. It was very exciting, and somewhere in amongst it all, I realised I wasn't grinning and bearing it, I was loving it.

Things I like:
 
1. I love how it is completely acceptable, welcomed in fact, to follow and connect with people who are technically complete strangers
2. I like how there is always something going on. Day or night, people are tweeting and Twitter is always awake!
3. I like how it is informal - you can kind of just pop in and out of conversations without it seeming strange or rude!
 
Things I dislike:
 
I honestly can't think of anything I dislike. Sometimes, the speed of Twitter can be a double edged sword - you can miss things that would be of interest to you, but weighing it up, I find the speed more of a good thing. It's never boring!
 
Top tip for bloggers:
 

Dive in and connect with people: Follow people who interest you. Re-tweet stuff, respond to tweets, join in with chats. And use hashtags to get your tweets seen by people who don't follow you.
 
Love it or hate it?
 
I think it's fairly obvious I love it! I can easily be on there all day and still not get bored because of the variety of things that pop up.
 
What do you think? Are you a Twitter lover or hater? Let me know in the comments and if you are on Twitter, feel free to leave your user name in the comments and follow each other :)

You can find me here: Twitter Bloglovin Pinterest and Instagram Please do stop by and say hi! 

Domesticated Momster
The Dad Network
thumbnailsize
Super Busy Mum

32 comments:

  1. Oh, you know where I stand on this one. Debbie! I LOVE Twitter! You and I connected through, it, so it can't be bad, right?! I like everything you mentioned about it- even the fact that it limits characters. It forces me to make things simpler, which is good because I sometimes struggle with getting to the point! xx #momsterslink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I feel like I've made actual friends on Twitter, with people I would probably have never met in real life :) I hated the 140 characters at first, now I hardly even notice it! x

      Delete
  2. a very good explanation...easy to understand for someone very new like me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad you liked it and I hope it helps you :) If you have any questions feel free to give me a yell :)

      Delete
  3. I love Twitter!! There is so much going on on there! I love using it on a personal level as well as for my blog. #weekendbloghop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too :) I only have a blog account but I use it as both!

      Delete
  4. I think Twitter is useful. Especially for linking up with other bloggers who can then help with advice and suggestions. I also enjoy IG though as posting a pic is less tiresome on the brain :) #weekendblogshare

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love twitter, I agree its fab for connecting with other bloggers :) Yes, sometimes a picture says it all :)

      Delete
  5. I had a "personal" account on Twitter for years. But it just seemed useless as I was more into connecting with friends on Facebook. But as a blogger Twitter is a very vital tool. Great post Deb as always. Thank you for sharing with #momsterslink and I apologize for my delay in commenting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I've never bothered with a personal account for that same reason. I love it for my blogging account though :) Thanks for hosting and no worries :)

      Delete
    2. This is how "on a roll" I am this week...I thought I was on last week's #momsterslink....well now I am a few ahead of the game! **laughs at herself**

      Delete
    3. Lol, when you said about the delay I thought God it takes me all week some weeks haha :)

      Delete
  6. On the pc now, I'm growing to love twitter, didn't get it for a while just had it for the sake of having then when I started blogging I used it, still don't get tonnes of traffic from it but the connections and 'friendships' I've got have been invaluable. #justanotherlinky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it for blogging, the connections and friendships are fab, I had no idea that would happen :) I think I get about 50% of my traffic from Twitter too so definitely can't complain about that!

      Delete
  7. I'm a bit older and I still cannot figure twitter out. I guess I sould start using hash tags, maybe that will help. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really not that bad once you get into it. There's a bit more information here http://myrandommusings.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/how-to-use-twitter-to-successfully.html on how to use it if that might help :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks, I'll check it out.

      Delete
    3. You're welcome, hope it helps :)

      Delete
  8. I like it too. Way better than Facebook. I actually deleted my FB a few years ago and have just used twitter to grow my blog following. Popping by from #Momsterslink @coco_cana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Facebook for a personal account, but its Twitter all the way for meeting people and promoting the blog.

      Delete
  9. I'm still getting my head round Twitter to be honest. It is great for blogging, but I feel as though you have to be on it constantly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right there, I am on it a lot. If I'm not online I'm still on it on my phone!

      Delete
  10. Twitter has always been my favourite for engaging and connecting. So many interesting links to follow and a great distraction too! Love finding out different information on different topics :)

    Hope you found the analytics interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fab isn't it. I often think I'll pop on for five minutes and before I know it, hours have gone by lol :) I did fid them interesting, good to see which tweets get people's attention more!

      Delete
  11. It is by far my favourite, I didn't have a personal account and initially writing under the blogs name has really helped me connect with people. I much prefer it to FB which I still have not mastered and Im not sure I ever will!! lol. Thanks Debbie, great post as always xx #momsterslink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same, I didn't have a personal account and I knew setting one up as my blog would force me to connect with people rather than hang back and I am so glad I did :) Thank you! x

      Delete
  12. Twitter has been a great was for me to connect with and get to know other bloggers. I am just starting to use the # more. I have been a bit rubbish with that. I never really 'got' twitter until I started using it for blogging too and now I much prefer it to FB and hardly use that anymore. I haven't joined any twitter chats yet. Maybe that's one to try?
    #MMWBH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its perfect for getting to know other bloggers, I prefer Facebook for personal use but overall I enjoy Twitter the most. Twitter chats are fab, it's another good way to meet bloggers and to share ideas. I'm a night owl so I usually join in with #bdibNA, a USA bloggers chat at 1am Monday and Friday night. There are loads between 5 and 8pm though if that's a bit late :)

      Delete
  13. I love Twitter and all your points are great and so true! Thanks for linking to #justanotherlinky xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never quite understood Twitter before up until a few months ago. Now I love it! It's something I check quite a few times every day
    Thank you for linking up with #justanotherlinky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I understood it until I joined, but I think I'm getting there now :) Thanks for hosting!

      Delete