You can pick up lots of bargains at local pound shops, Home Bargains, BM, Asda and Wilkinsons, especially if you buy them after Halloween for next year.
But nothing quite beats the home made ones - they are unique and often a fun way of getting children involved with the decorating process.
These little ghosts are so super easy to make and cheap to make too!
If you aren't having a party, why not use these to decorate your porch, and when you get trick or treaters, hand them out!
|This is what you will need|
All you need is:
* One wrapped, spherical lollipop per ghost
* One paper tissue per ghost
* Sticky tape (optional)
* A spool of white cotton
* Felt tipped pens in whichever colour(s) you choose
1. Decide how low you want them to hang and measure out the cotton to that length. I like to do all different lengths so it doesn't look too symmetrical.
3. Put the ends of the cotton together and lay flat so you have a doubled up length of cotton with a loop at one end.
4. Holding the lollipop upright, place the centre of the tissue on the top of it, and gather it in tight underneath the sweet part.
5. Put the loop end of the cotton against where you have pulled the tissue in and thread the length through the loop.
6. Pull tight, and wrap it around 4 times, pulling the length through the last wrap and pulling tight.
7. Draw a face on the head using felt tip pen - Experiment with colours and expressions! I have gone for a voodoo doll type on this one, but you can really go nuts here!
8. If you want the ghosts to hang vertically (like in the photo), attach the cotton to the back of the head with a tiny piece of sticky tape. You can skip this step if you want them to look lie they are flying!
9. All done! Simply hang them in place with the length of cotton!