Saturday 10 October 2015

Blogger Recognition Award

Blogger Recognition AwardI was very pleased to receive my first Blogger Recognition Award tag recently from the lovely Nicky who blogs over at Not Just The 3 Of Us Check it out, there are some really interesting posts! Thanks so much for the nomination Nicky!

The Rules
Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
Write a post to show your award.
Give a brief story of how your blog started.
Give a piece of advice or two to new bloggers.
Select up to 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
Comment on each blog (or tag them on Twitter like I plan to do) and let them know you have nominated them & provide a link to the award post you created.




My blog started as a gateway to finding my writing style so I had some idea of the tone I would use in my novel. It didn't take me long to realise it was so much more than that. I had fell in love with blogging, and decided to give a go properly. And here I am 6 months later, still loving it.


There is so much you need to know as a new blogger! I went in completely blind. It was a case of thinking "I think I'll start a blog", I Googled it, took the first result (Blogger, obviously) and away I went.
I know everyone says research first, but it would be extremely overwhelming! Admittedly, now I am determined to go self hosted, I kind of wish I had done that originally, but I think its a good idea to decide if you want to do this long term before spending money on it.
The main pieces of advice I would give are these:

1. Be true to you. Write as you. Be you. Whatever your chosen topic, no one can be you as well as you can. Put a bit of personality into your posts. People will like it or they won't, but the ones who do will come back, because they will see you are honest, you write from the heart.

2. Join Twitter using your blog name as your @ name so people can recognise you easily. Follow other bloggers. Talk to them, make a connection. Re-tweet stuff that interests you. Join Twitter chats. Blogging is much more fun when you are part of the community. I know that can feel daunting at first, but most bloggers are nice people who are happy to chat with you and answer any questions you may have.

I now nominate:

Growing Up Kater Tot
Cuddle Fairy
Absolutley Prabulous
Life With Baby Kicks
Days In Bed
Domesticated Momster
Poop Rainbows
Run Jump Scrap
R is for Hoppit
Someplace Strange

If you have been tagged and don't want to take part, there's no pressure, if you haven't been tagged and do want to take part, consider yourself tagged :)
Thanks again to Nicky for the nomination!

You can find me here: Twitter Bloglovin Pinterest and Instagram Please do stop by and say hi!
Mama-andmore
You Baby Me Mummy













 

14 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the tag loves! I seriously need more blog organization 😵

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :) Oh me too, I think its been about two weeks since I was tagged!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for tagging me! I'll be writing this in a few weeks but look forward to it! Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are still blogging & look forward to your novel! Great advice for future bloggers. I googled & went for it too lol I think no matter how much research you do, you won't know half of it until you start. Thanks so much for the tag hun!! I'm really honoured you thought of me x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I agree, all the research in the world won't be as good as just getting in there and doing it! You're welcome, I love your blog :) x

      Delete
  4. Congratulations, I got one too. These are always so nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yes its nice when other bloggers share the love!

      Delete
  5. Thank you :) Scarily enough, I already had an advice for new bloggers in my drafts so the week after next is the Random Musings take over of Someplace Strange!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :) Oh that's weird timing isn't it! Thanks for letting me be there! :)

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much for the nomination, Debbie! I'm so glad that after six months, you're still blogging strong! We started our blogs at the exact same time on a whim. I do believe we were meant to connect! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :) Oh wow, we must have been :) x

      Delete