Wednesday 20 May 2015

Reflections Of The A to Z Challenge

That's it, my A to Z Challenge is complete! What a journey it's been! I would like to share that journey with you. To start, here is a recap of which topics I chose for the letters:

A is for Awesome
B is for Bar Etiquette
C is for Cringe
D is for Diary
E is for eBay
F is for Faking It
G is for Getting Motivated
H is for Harry Potter
I is for Inspirational Songs
J is for Jodi Picoult
K is for Killer Blogs
L is for Lessons Blogging Has Taught Me
M is for My A-Z Of Me
N is for Need Vs Want
O is for Obsessions Of Mine
P is for Phobias
Q is for Quotes To Live By
R is for Reasons I'm Happy
S is for Signs You Are Addicted To Blogging
T is for Twitter
U is for Uncle Sam
V is for Victim Blaming
W is for Writing For Yourself
X Is For X Factor Of Writing
Y is for You Decide
Z is for Zealot

Best post in terms of readership: A dead heat between Quotes To Live By and Killer Blogs

The post I most enjoyed writing: I've got to cheat here and have two! Victim Blaming, because it's such an important issue that I feel needs to be addressed, and Signs You Are Addicted To Blogging, because it was such a fun, light hearted post to write.

Worst post in terms of readership: Uncle Sam

The post I least enjoyed writing: X Factor Of Writing, because X is such a tricky letter, there really wasn't much to go on. Consequently, this post felt forced, which I really didn't like, but I guess that's the nature of the challenge!

I have thoroughly enjoyed doing this challenge - it has pushed me to think about topics I may never have covered, and getting out of your writing comfort zone is definitely an experience I would recommend!
I think I will feel a little lost now it's finished. Being totally honest, the challenge has been like my blogging safety net - I knew I had to come up with something everyday! It has pushed me to get into the routine of posting everyday which I have every intention of keeping up.
I can't wait to do it next year! Next year, I will be signing up officially. By the time I joined Twitter this year, which is where I learned about the challenge, it was already underway, but it appealed to me enough that I chose to do it unofficially, hence why it's half way through May and I have just finished it! I hope you have all enjoyed reading the posts as much as I have enjoyed writing them!
Now I'm off on the A-Z Road Trip, where anyone who has complete the challenge and wants to take part adds themselves to the challenge and visits other blogs who have also taken part. I think it will be really interesting to see what other bloggers chose for the letters each day.
Which posts were your favourite? Your least favourite?

Follow me on Twitter @randommusings29 and feel free to comment :)


You Baby Me Mummy

24 comments:

  1. Thanks for dropping in at The Den during your Road Trip! Your topics look interesting and I see we chose the same word for "Z". Congratulations on completing the challenge.☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - yes I noticed that too :) Congratulations to you! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. What a fab summary! Great reflections, thank you for the roadmap.
    http://gularavincent.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for signing up and carrying on even though you missed the beginning of the challenge. I ended up getting ill near the end and had to lump my last 8 posts into two. There is always something to be learned from challenging ourselves to blog A-Z!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I learned a lot from doing the challenge, especially with being new to blogging. I decided I wanted to post something at least once a day and doing this challenge really helped me get into that routine. Congratulations on finishing, even though you were ill! I hope you are feeling better now :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for stopping by on https://happinessandfood.wordpress.com/.
    I find your post topics interesting! I will certainly drop by and read more.

    This road trip is indeed fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I love the road trip, finding a lot of new blogs. Thank you for stopping by, hope to see you again soon! :)

      Delete
  5. That looks an interesting writing challenge - I've done similar before with photography and some of the weeks you think will be easy don't always turn out to be. A great list post and would be a great reference post too to look back at #TheList

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - some of the ones I thought would be easy weren't, and some of the ones I thought I would really struggle with seemed to come easier. I really enjoyed taking part. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  6. Congrats on doing the challenge-–even if you came into it late. =)
    I'm on the road trip this year and poking around.

    ~Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it's been quite a journey! I'm doing the road trip too so I'm sure we will meet again somewhere along the tracks :) Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on making it through April and have fun on the Road Trip!

    Thanks for supporting the A to Z Challenge!

    Now wondering about poor Uncle Sam.

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Road trippin' with A to Z
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving the road trip - found some amazing new blogs to read! I'm already looking forward to next year's challenge! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  8. Hello there.
    Congratulations on completing your "unofficial" challenge! Thanks for paying me a visit too. Just stopping by as I meander through the road trip.

    Entrepreneurial Goddess

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay you for playing in and completing the challenge. I look forward to poking around in your list. Thanks for making a road trip stop to visit me as well. Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for calling by mine on the Road Trip. It looks as if you were a sight more organised than I was for the A-Z. Congratulations of completing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of it was more luck than good judgement to be honest! Thank you and thank for stopping by :)

      Delete
  11. Fab achievement and I love that you looked back to see how it all went and what worked the best, etc. Really enjoyed the series! Thanks for linking up to #TheList xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm looking forward to next year's challenge already, the posts were really fun to write. Thank you for hosting :)

      Delete
  12. You sure had a wide range of topic for your A to Z challenge! Congrats for finishing it, even when you started a little later :) My favourite posts were "Getting motovated", "Lessons" and "Quotes" :) Looking forward to your next years posts! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I decided it would be hard enough to come up with things for each letter without limiting myself to one topic! I may have a theme next year though :) I'm glad you enjoyed the posts. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete