Sunday, 24 May 2015
Desert Island Favourites - Essential Items
Part 2 of my Desert Island Favourites series - my top 5 essential items I would take to a desert island!
1. A knife: A knife is so versatile. I could use it to cut down branches to use to build some sort of shelter, to cut firewood, to cut pretty much anything! I'm sure if I turned my mind to it, I could even use it to shave my legs!
2. Some very strong string: To be used to bind the wood along with some leaves to hold my shelter together!
3. A lighter/matches: Just until I get the hang of using a couple of sticks of course.
4. Some heavy duty sun block: I really don't like the idea of being burnt to a crisp while I'm stranded!
5. Water purifying tablets: For obvious reasons!
Two posts on this and I think I'm Bear Grylls - building shelters, fires, the works. I think I could manage the fire ok. And the shelter, well, if I can do a flat pack wardrobe, this should be child's play! I just hope there are a lot of fruit trees, because standing knee deep in the sea trying to spear a fish doesn't sound like my idea of a fun day!
What would your 5 essential items be?
Stay tuned, the mini theme continues on Wednesday!
Follow me on Twitter @randommusings29 and feel free to comment :)