Sunday 24 May 2015

Desert Island Favourites - Essential Items


Part 2 of my Desert Island Favourites series - my top 5 essential items I would take to a desert island!

1. A knife: A knife is so versatile. I could use it to cut down branches to use to build some sort of shelter, to cut firewood, to cut pretty much anything! I'm sure if I turned my mind to it, I could even use it to shave my legs!
2. Some very strong string: To be used to bind the wood along with some leaves to hold my shelter together!
3. A lighter/matches: Just until I get the hang of using a couple of sticks of course.
4. Some heavy duty sun block: I really don't like the idea of being burnt to a crisp while I'm stranded!
5. Water purifying tablets: For obvious reasons!

Two posts on this and I think I'm Bear Grylls - building shelters, fires, the works. I think I could manage the fire ok. And the shelter, well, if I can do a flat pack wardrobe, this should be child's play! I just hope there are a lot of fruit trees, because standing knee deep in the sea trying to spear a fish doesn't sound like my idea of a fun day!

What would your 5 essential items be?

Stay tuned, the mini theme continues on Wednesday!

Follow me on Twitter @randommusings29 and feel free to comment :)



You Baby Me Mummy
Summer days

16 comments:

  1. Shave your legs?! If I'm marooned alone on a desert island you better believe I'm letting those grow wild and free. Would a solar powered satellite phone be cheating?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you could be onto something there! Hmm maybe but I won't tell if you don't ;)

      Delete
  2. I'd be a disaster living in the wild! I'm so impressed you can come up with a list that's as short as 5 - you should try to see me packing for a family holiday and trying to keep things down for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same for holidays, but that's mostly shoes and I'm not that worried about how many pairs of stilettos I would need on a desert island lol. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
    2. No that's true - you'd only get stuck somewhere....!

      Delete
    3. Probably somewhere the tide was due to come in haha

      Delete
  3. I've been in a situation where we were stuck on an island and boy did I cry. It was of course a Pacific Island with facilities and a town but there had been a hurricane and we were trapped indoors without the essentials and I KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE the one thing we were desperate for and that taught be a life lesson. It was Water. in fact you've inspired me and I think I might write a blog post about it sometime! Angela xxx

    Angela recently posted "A Princess Themed Party- through a chronically unwell Mother's eye's" http://wp.me/p5XRN6-1ut

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, that sounds awful! It's easy to think of things hypothetically but I would be useless if this really happened to me! Let me know if ever write that post - I'd love a read of it!

      Delete
  4. Not having to shave my legs would be my number one reason for marooning myself in the first place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah I really didn't think that one through!

      Delete
  5. Very sensible options there, sounds like you would do fab on Bear Grylls!
    #SummerDays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I would hope to last a day or two lol!

      Delete
  6. Hahaha I don't think shaving my legs would be number one priority if I were on a desert island, but otherwise a knife does sound very sensible.
    Thanks for sharing on #Summerdays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't think I thought that one through lol. Thanks for hosting :)

      Delete
  7. I love this post! I think a sewing kit would come in handy too. Thanks for joining in with #summerdays hope to see you again next week xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, a sewing kit would be fab :) Thanks for hosting. Give me a yell when it's live and I'll be there!

      Delete