Friday, 29 May 2015
My Monthly Reflections - May
This has been a really good month for me. It's been the month where I've sat down and really reflected on what I want to do with my blog. I've got loads of ideas about what is going to be happening over the next couple of months and beyond, but this is a post on looking back, not forward, so I won't go into that here (stayed tuned though, tomorrow will be the official reveal of June's themes and what to expect!)
May saw the second half of the A-Z challenge, followed by the Desert Island Favourites mini theme, with a fair few bonus posts thrown in for good measure. It's the month for me when everything clicked into place. I hit my 10,000 page views, which I am so excited about! My readership per post more than trebled since last month, with a lot of readers returning several times over the course of the month. It also brought a lot of comments, which I love reading and replying to. So thank you to each every one of you who has read my posts, commented on them, shared them - it means so much to me that people visit my little corner of the internet world.
Before I get too slushy, here's my monthly round up:
My most viewed posts:
1. Election: The results and the fallout http://myrandommusings.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/election-results-and-fallout.html
2. V is for Victim Blaming http://myrandommusings.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/v-is-for-victim-blaming.html
3. T is for Twitter
The posts I most enjoyed writing:
1. S is for Signs you are addicted to blogging - This post was very light hearted and a lot of fun to write
2. When blogging goes bad - There's nothing like sharing your own stupidity and tantrums with the world! http://myrandommusings.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/when-blogging-goes-bad.html
3. Ireland: Leading the way into equality for all - I was so happy to learn that the "Yes" vote went through, and writing this post was such a positive experience. Even though I'm not Irish, I felt strangely proud writing it http://myrandommusings.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/ireland-leading-way-into-equality-for.html
My least viewed posts:
1. U is For Uncle Sam
2. Z is for Zealot
3. My One Lovely Blog Award part 2 http://myrandommusings.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/the-one-lovely-blog-award-part-2.html
Technically, mu least viewed post was My New Blog Button http://myrandommusings.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/my-new-blog-button.html but that one doesn't really count as I didn't promote it at all, it was more just an experiment to see how the button looked in a post!
The post I least enjoyed writing:
X is for the X factor of writing
http://myrandommusings.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/x-is-for-x-factor-of-writing.html I would love to say none of them. I write because I love it, and usually I wouldn't write about something that held no interest for me. However, as part of the A to Z Challenge, the rule is to do a post for each letter of the alphabet. X didn't have a lot of options, and this post felt "forced". It got pretty well read though, so hopefully that didn't come across in the way it was written.
I'm not going to get too hung up on the less popular posts - after all if you have 10 readers or 10 million readers, something has to come last, and I'm trying to convince myself this is the case here rather than the posts being terrible! It could also be that the titles didn't sound as interesting as some of the others.
If you have a spare few minutes, why not check out my best posts - or show a little love to less popular ones!
What were your best and worst posts this month?
Follow me on Twitter @randommusings29 and feel free to comment :)