Thursday 21 May 2015

May's Mini Theme

Why am I sitting here at midnight with a new post due to go live and no post written? That's one hell of a good question! I usually have posts written at least a day in advance, usually more.
I can't even use writer's block as an excuse because (touch wood) I don't have it - I can think of lots of things I haven't written about yet that I want to.
I can't blame not having enough time, because if I started doing that I would never post anything! If there's something I want to post, I find the time to write it, sometimes at 4am, but I'm a bit of a night owl anyway so that's quite normal for me!
I think the problem is I've recently decided to start doing themes - a different one each month. I've spent a lot of time working out what they will be, what each will cover and writing some post ideas for each one. I'm very excited about each and every one. I won't go into too much detail here, but I am looking for guest posters for each theme, have a look here for more details or if you just want to know what some of the themes will be: http://myrandommusings.blogspot.co.uk/p/guest-posters.html
Back to the original question. Why don't I have today's post written? Because everything I write now, or everything I think of writing, I go to post, then I think "No, that would be great for XYZ theme, I'll save it for then"
So while long term, it's great, I've got lots of ideas for the themes, short term it's not so good! Even after a good few hours writing, I have nothing to post! So I have decided to introduce a mini theme that will run for one week, that has nothing to do with any of the others so the ideas hopefully won't over lap!
My mini theme is going to be Desert Island Favourites. Everyday between Saturday 23rd May and Friday 29th May I will write a post on the top 5 things from various categories I would take to a desert island. Check back tomorrow for the five movies I would take (assuming of course this is a magic desert island, with TV, DVD player and electricity!).

 
Follow me on Twitter @randommusings29 and feel free to comment :)

3 comments:

  1. Lol. Very imaginative! Sounds like a plan. Angela xx

    Angela from Daysinbed.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I just need to work out which things I could take to an island and not get bored of!

      Delete
  2. Lol. Very imaginative! Sounds like a plan. Angela xx

    Angela from Daysinbed.com

    ReplyDelete