Monday 11 May 2015

R Is For Reasons I'm Happy


Day 18 of my A to Z Challenge. R is for Reasons I'm Happy.
If you don't know how this works, I've posted the link back to the rules of the challenge at the end of this, along with a link to yesterday's post. If you want to read my full alphabet, just keep following the links. Each day has a link back to yesterday's post.


Unless something truly terrible has happened to you, I believe being happy is a choice. You can look at your life and pick fault and be unhappy, or appreciate the little things and be happy. I would love to say I'm one of those positive people who are happy all the time, but in truth, I'm not. However, when I find myself being miserable for no reason, I make the choice to change my mind set and be happy. Happiness can be found in the little things, but so can misery. It all depends on how you view things!
Here are 5 reasons why I'm happy:

1. Because 2 of my good friends recently had healthy babies.
2. Because although I may not be rich financially, I feel I'm rich where it counts. I have a great family and great friends, and I'm healthy. So many people don't have those things!
3. Because it's almost summer, and the sunny days never fail to cheer me up. Even if I'm just stuck at work, I feel much better looking out of the window at sun than rain.
4. Because I've finally finished editing my new short story (which will be featured here on Tuesday June 2nd), and dare I say it, I am actually quite pleased with it.
5. Because being happy is better than the alternative. Being miserable/moany just seems like such a waste of energy!

What would you add to the list?

Follow me on Twitter @randommusings29 and feel free to comment :)


Link to rules:

Link to Q Is For Quotes To Live By: http://www.myrandommusings.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/q-is-for-quotes-to-live-by.html



Tinyfootsteps
Share the Joy linky at bodfortea.co.uk
The List

Mama and More

12 comments:

  1. A lovely list. I love summer, the sunshine is a healer I think xx #SharetheJoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It really is, especially mentally!

      Delete
  2. I love the line "being rich where it counts" - couldn't agree more.

    Roll on, Summer sunshine. :)

    Thanks for joining our #HappyDaysLinky

    Jenna at Tinyfootsteps xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Summer can't come quick enough, that's for sure. Thank you for hosting :)

      Delete
  3. You are so right, you can choose to see the negatives and be all doom and gloom or you can smile and see the happy things. Thank you for joining in with #HappyDaysLinky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I think when you look for negatives, you find many more than if you don't! Thanks for hosting :)

      Delete
  4. What a brilliant list, loved reading this... Look forward to hearing about your short story #thelist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm really nervous about posting it, but I've announced it now so I have to!

      Delete
  5. Great reasons to be happy and I can definitely relate to the summer bit! Thanks for linking up to #TheList xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We might get a Summer if the rain would stop for 5 minutes! Thanks for hosting :)

      Delete
  6. You're SO right - happiness is a choice and this post speaks so much to me and my Journey to Joy this year! Great list and thanks for linking up at #sharethejoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you liked it :) Thanks for hosting!

      Delete