Day 18 of my A to Z Challenge. R is for Reasons I'm Happy.If you don't know how this works, I've posted the link back to the rules of the challenge at the end of this, along with a link to yesterday's post. If you want to read my full alphabet, just keep following the links. Each day has a link back to yesterday's post.
Unless something truly terrible has happened to you, I believe being happy is a choice. You can look at your life and pick fault and be unhappy, or appreciate the little things and be happy. I would love to say I'm one of those positive people who are happy all the time, but in truth, I'm not. However, when I find myself being miserable for no reason, I make the choice to change my mind set and be happy. Happiness can be found in the little things, but so can misery. It all depends on how you view things!
Here are 5 reasons why I'm happy:
1. Because 2 of my good friends recently had healthy babies.
2. Because although I may not be rich financially, I feel I'm rich where it counts. I have a great family and great friends, and I'm healthy. So many people don't have those things!
3. Because it's almost summer, and the sunny days never fail to cheer me up. Even if I'm just stuck at work, I feel much better looking out of the window at sun than rain.
4. Because I've finally finished editing my new short story (which will be featured here on Tuesday June 2nd), and dare I say it, I am actually quite pleased with it.
5. Because being happy is better than the alternative. Being miserable/moany just seems like such a waste of energy!
What would you add to the list?
Follow me on Twitter @randommusings29 and feel free to comment :)
Link to rules:
Link to Q Is For Quotes To Live By: http://www.myrandommusings.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/q-is-for-quotes-to-live-by.html