Wednesday 27 May 2015

Desert Island Favourites - TV box sets


The latest in the Desert Island Favourites series is TV boxsets! I love this magic island, where there seems to be all the latest electrical equipment, power to it, but no way to escape, don't you?
I'm not saying these are top 5 favourite programmes (although some might make top 10), but these are the ones I can watch over and over again without getting bored, and I think that would be a major factor! So without further ado, the 5 TV boxsets I would take to a desert island are:

1. Friends - This is my all time favourite comedy series. It's so watchable. I have seen every episode more times than I can count, but I still keep watching them over and over. They still make me laugh, and the line "I got off the plane" still brings a lump to my throat. Every single time.
2. The Inbetweeners - I find this hilarious. I think it's so relatable because everyone knows someone who could fit each if the characters (or maybe that's just me!)
3. Father Ted - I think this is so well done. They manage to explore all the stereotypes found in the Catholic church without being overly offensive!
4. Outnumbered - I find this funny, yet also pretty realistic. The kids in it are brilliant!
5. The Good Wife - I thought I better have something on the list that's not comedy! I could watch this more than once I think, and there's loads of episodes, each one almost an hour long so it would take a while to get through!

Which ones would you choose?

Follow me on Twitter @randommusings29 and feel free to comment :)
You Baby Me Mummy

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow tricky question! Hmm, I would have to say, Stargate SG1, Fringe, Red Dwarf, Big Bang Theory and then it would be a struggle to pick between Supernatural and Farscape and Stargate Atlantis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, bit of a sci-fi fan :) I love the Big Bang Theory, cracks me up - everyone needs a Sheldon in their lives!

      Delete
  2. I love the Good Wife - and there are loads of episodes! #TheList

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Although there where times (quite a lot) that I wanted to shake Alicia lol. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. Friends is such a classic. I know it word for word, yet I would still enjoy it if it came on. Great selection. Thanks so much for linking up to #TheList x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't help but laugh can you, even though you know exactly what's coming! Thank you and thanks for hosting :)

      Delete