Today I though I would share with you a list of what I have learned since I first started blogging back in February. These are in no particular order.
- There is soooo much more to blogging than writing a post and hitting publish
- That most bloggers, even the really big ones, are nice people who will go out of their way to help another blogger
- That having a post schedule is key (for me), but breaking it sometimes is fine too
- That blogging is extremely time consuming, but so addictive and fun, it doesn't matter
- How to use basic HTML
- That using social media for promoting your blog is key
- That being your true self is far and away the most important thing you can do
- That although blogging is primarily something you do alone, it is also very social
- That someone who doesn't have a million Twitter followers and isn't getting 100,00 hits a day often has something equally as good and interesting as someone who has
- To hit publish, even if you are worried about how the post will be received
- That reading other people's blogs is a good way to find yourself still online at 4am
- That writing is a very rewarding past time
What would you add to this list? Let me know in the comments!