Tuesday 11 August 2015

It's A Blogger's Life with Laura from Life With Baby Kicks

It's A Blogger's Life with Laura from Life With Baby KicksWelcome to the It's A Blogger's Life interview series.
As you may have seen, I posted a list of some of my favourite blogs at the start of the month, and what it is I love about them. Check it out here you will definitely find some amazing new blogs to follow if you missed it first time around. I asked some of the amazing bloggers if they would be willing to take part in this series and introduce themselves to you and share a little of their blogging wisdom.
I was so happy at the responses I got to my request - it really does go to show the strength of the blogging community and how bloggers help each other out.
Thank you to everyone who responded, and thanks to each and every one of you on that list for consistently publishing beautiful and inspiring posts that keep me coming back for more.
Anyway, enough from me, over to the interview.

Today we have Laura from Life With Baby Kicks.
It's A Blogger's Life with Laura from Life With Baby Kicks


1. Tell us a little about yourself
I’m Laura and I am a 30-something mum to 2 little adorable monsters and owner of a bigger man monster in my husband, living out in the sandpit that is otherwise known as Dubai.
2. Why did you start blogging?
One of my friends started a blog and I just thought, hmm, I could do that too.  So went home, opened up a blogger blog and just hit publish thinking I was amazing. What I didn’t realise at the time was the time and dedication it takes to blog...
 
3. What is your blog about?
I blog about life in general, if I do it you can bet it ends up on the blog.  So lots about the boys (the little ones and the big ones), baking, crafts, travelling.  I believe that if you love something and have a passion for it then it makes good reading, no one is going to want to read what I have to say about ironing….oh wait, I did post about ironing, but it was my hatred of it!  Jokes aside, I blog about what I love and hope that that comes through in my writing.
4. What are the long term goals for your blog?
I’m still not sure where I am taking Life with Baby Kicks other than I am going to take over the world!
There is no better feeling when something goes crazy and people are reading your words, for example, I am to this day amazed that a piece I wrote about the types of mum in baby group on the blog then popped onto the Huffington Post, has had over 25,000 Facebook likes.  It’s things like this that have reaffirmed that not only do I love to write but that I can write and people are interested in what I say!
 
5. Any tips for bloggers?
Do it. 
And when you do immerse yourself in the blogging world, from fantastic tip posts out there (ahem, plug for amazing blog tip linky #blogstorm) where you can find how to best use social media – a must for blogging – how to design your blog, whether to be on Blogger or WordPress, how to join up to linkys.
Speaking of linkys, join in, it’s a great way to read other blogs and find yourself a blogging tribe.
Reading and commenting is a big thing in the blogging world, not only do I find that it improves my writing, it also inspires me and gives me more ideas.
Oh and be prepared to be sucked into an amazing world filled with wonderful people, you will become a social media addict!

6. Describe yourself in 3 words
Bubbly, loud, loving.

7. What are your top 3 blogging essentials?
Phone for the WordPress App and Camera
The actual camera
My boys and my husband, for giving me things to write about and supporting me while I write.

8. What would be your dream blogging assignment and why?
I would LOVE to do a cruise post series, we are heading on a cruise in January with my mum and I have really, really struggled in my research to see what I can do with the boys not only on the ship but excursions and the types of people you might find on board.  Cruising is becoming more and more accessible for everyone and is no longer deemed an older persons pastime.  I would love to write about our experiences in conjunction with the cruise line.  Just watch this space….

9. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose and why?
Well, I live in Dubai, which is pretty awesome so I would have to say there!

10. Where can we find you?
Life with Baby Kicks
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest
Google+

Show Laura some love - visit her blog, follow her on social media and of course, leave her some comments below :)

Thank you so much Laura for taking part!

Stay tuned for more It's A Blogger's Life - next up is Becky from Cuddle Fairy on August 14th!

You can find me here: Twitter Bloglovin Pinterest and Instagram Please do stop by and say hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment