Saturday 22 August 2015

It's A Blogger's Life with Janet from Rambles, Rants and Writings!

It's A Blogger's Life with Janet from Rambles, Rants and Writings!Welcome to the It's A Blogger's Life interview series.
As you may have seen, I posted a list of some of my favourite blogs at the start of the month, and what it is I love about them. Check it out here, you will definitely find some amazing new blogs to follow if you missed it first time around. I asked some of the amazing bloggers if they would be willing to take part in this series and introduce themselves to you and share a little of their blogging wisdom.
I was so happy at the responses I got to my request - it really does go to show the strength of the blogging community and how bloggers help each other out.
Thank you to everyone who responded, and thanks to each and every one of you on that list for consistently publishing beautiful and inspiring posts that keep me coming back for more.
Anyway, enough from me, over to the interview.

Today we have Janet from Rambles, Rants and Writings.

It's A Blogger's Life with Janet from Rambles, Rants and Writings!


1. Tell us a little about yourself
My name is Janet and I am 31 years old and have three young children.  A girl aged 10, and two boys aged 8 and 3.  I currently work as an online tutor and volunteer as the Copywriting Team Leader for a University Press ran by students.  I graduated with an English and Creative Writing BA (hons) in 2015 and I am currently studying English Studies MA on a part time basis and I am due to graduate in 2016.  I love blogging, reading and researching literature, writing articles and short stories, walking, cooking, and creative crafts with the children.  If I get to watch TV I like to watch fantasy, sci-fi, crime and supernatural programs. 
2. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I always have plenty to say and I felt that it would be a great way to showcase my writing.  Making it in the writing industry is hard and I already have some material published but I also feel it’s a way that I can show off my personality too, and I can sign post prospective employers and if they like what they see it could increase employment opportunities.  It’s already opened my eyes to using websites and creating content as I had no previous experience and I am now developing my skills in this area by using html and various codes - there is nothing much that I haven’t been able to work out so I have really surprised myself.  
 
3. What is your blog about?
My blog is about anything and everything.  It’s a lot to do with lifestyle and family, but then it’s about writing and literature too.  It’s hard to pinpoint a specific subject as such as I tend to do themes throughout a month too. 


4. What are the long term goals for your blog?
I am in the process of creating an online magazine so I am wanting to build my readership and encourage people to contribute.  I would also like to start host my own linky’s, pabchats, and start doing online webinars in relation to creative writing.  A main aim is to increase readership but I would also like to build up a popular blog with a good reputation, and possibly earn money in the longer term - maybe developing a business venture.  
 
5. Any tips for bloggers?
Write what you know and from the heart!  Also, just a point and it’s something I am not perfect with either and need to develop, but work on your spelling, grammar and punctuation if you ever want your blog to be professional, and bring opportunities in the future

6. Describe yourself in 3 words
Crazy, motivated, mum

7. What are your top 3 blogging essentials?
A reliable internet connection (because mine keeps breaking and it’s so annoying), a cup of coffee, notebook (carry it around - take it everywhere and jot down your writing ideas). 

8. What would be your dream blogging assignment and why?
This is a tough one.  At this present moment in time, I think my dream blogging assignment would be if I could be a guest blogger for a newspaper or magazine, like the Guardian for instance.  I would like to do this because I think it would increase my readership and help me build up credibility as a writer and blogger. 


9. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose and why?
Australia!  I would love to live and work in Australia as I think it would be a great place to bring up my children, and also an inspiring place to write and start a career.  But in the real world - Edinburgh would do as I find that my favourite place in the UK.  I wouldn’t live in the centre but a commutable distance. 

10. Where can we find you?
Rambles, Rants and Writings blog, my website, email me, or find me on Twitter.

Show Janet some love - visit her blog, follow her on social media and of course, leave her some comments below :)

Thank you so much Janet for taking part!

Stay tuned for more It's A Blogger's Life - next up is Trista from Domesticated Momster on August 26th!

You can find me here: Twitter Bloglovin Pinterest and Instagram Please do stop by and say hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment