Wednesday 26 August 2015

Book Review: A Cold Season by Alison Littlewood

Time for the review of the third book off August's reading list. You can check it out here if you missed it.

My review of A Cold Season by Alison Littlewood
 
Book Review: A Cold Season by Alison Littlewood
 
Blurb from the back cover

Cass is trying to rebuild her life after the loss of her soldier husband, and a renovated mil in the picture-perfect village of Darnshaw looks to be the idyllic spot to bring up her traumatised son, Ben.
But the locals aren’t as friendly as Cass had hoped, and Ben is beginning to display a hostility she can’t understand. Then the blizzards blow in, and Darnshaw is marooned in a sea of snow.

Now, threatened on all sides, Cass finds herself pitted against forces she can barely comprehend.
My thoughts on the book
This book is a definite page turner. From the start, there is an eerie, dark feeling to this book which builds consistently throughout to keep us guessing and wanting more.
Well written, with characters you will actually care about, I found myself drawn into this book and I couldn't wait to see how it would turn out.

Conclusion and rating
Well written, spooky and with plenty of tension and suspense, this book kept me hooked from the first chapter. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who likes a good horror. 5/5
 
Have you read this book? What do you think? Let me know in the comments!
 
You can find me here: Twitter Bloglovin Pinterest and Instagram Please do stop by and say hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment