1. Thank the person who nominated you
2. Answer their questions
3. Write your own questions
4. Nominate other bloggers to keep the tag going
So, because I've done this in the original post, I won't be writing questions or tagging people, but if you would like to take part, consider yourself tagged! If you do, let me know when your post goes live so I can see your answers! You can find the questions by following the link above to the original post.
Firstly, I would like to thank:
Pink's Charming and Trista from Domesticated Momster for the tags! I love doing these types of posts, so thank you very much both of you :)
Now, onto the questions!
1) What’s the most exotic place you’ve visited?
I'm not sure if it's technically exotic (when I think exotic, I automatically think Caribbean and I haven't been there), but Albufeira in Portugal was sooo hot and the beach was gorgeous!
2) What’s your make-up must-have?
Eye-liner! Preferably liquid or gel, but pencil will do! I don't feel right if I have make up on but no eye-liner.
3) Best piece of advice you’ve been given?
To be myself, and if other people don't like it, that's their problem not mine
4) Favourite book?
It's so hard to choose just one! Every time I'm asked this I give a different answer because I have so many favourites. I loved My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. I loved the way the characters felt so real and the way it wasn't over played.
5) Top online shop?
I know it's not really a shop as such, but I buy quite a lot off eBay. There's always some good bargains to be had.
6) What’s your middle name?
My middle name is Anne.
7) What unusual celebrity do you have a major crush on?
I don't think I have any unusual ones. All the ones I can think of are quite mainstream and very boring. I did used to have a bit of a thing for Josh Charles, which I thought was kind of weird. I think it was more the character I liked than the actor though - cocky and sarcastic! Anyway, when the character died (sorry for the spoiler alert for anyone a couple of seasons behind) there was actually on line support groups for grieving woman, so maybe that wasn't unusual. For the record, I didn't feel the need to join any!
8) Tell me an interesting or random fact about yourself.
When I was a child, I bit my dentist twice. In my defence, she did have her hand in my mouth :)
9) Favourite font, and why?
Probably this one (verdana) which I use on my blog a lot. I hate text written in fussy font but I think TNR and Ariel are too predictable, so I like this one as its simple but not as over used.
10) What charity would you donate to if you won a big wedge of money?
1. The Sea Cadets. I have seen first hand the amazing work that the volunteers put in, and how much difference they can make in young people's lives. I also like the fact that there is no over paid hierarchy getting a cut of their donations. If you donate directly to your local unit, they get to use all of the money.
2. Help For Heroes. I have the utmost admiration for anyone who in the forces, and it never fails to disgust me that upon their return, a lot of them don't get the help they need.
3. The RNLI. These men and women risk their lives going out to sea in terrible conditions, and they do it out of the goodness of their hearts - they don't get paid for it, and that for me says it all. They do a lot of sea safety awareness training and campaigns, to hopefully prevent people ending up in trouble.
I would also buy groceries on a regular basis for my local food bank.
Sorry I couldn't choose just one!
11) What’s the last text you sent?
My boss from work to text to ask me if the new starter had left her paperwork, and I answered no. Not very exciting!
How did you get into Blogging?
I kind of stumbled into it if I'm honest. I wanted to find a way to find my writing style and a blog seemed like the answer. It was never meant to last for more than a week or two, then I realised I loved it, so here am I six months later.
How has your blog changed since you started writing it?
I knew from the beginning I didn't want a niche - it's too limiting and I would get bored quickly. At the beginning, I wrote about anything and everything, and although I still do, I now run monthly themes, so there is a least a little bit of organisation. I also use images now, where in the early days, I didn't. You can read more about why here.
What would be your dream campaign?
I would love to find a travel company who would be willing to pay for me to travel the world and blog about it. I know that's pretty unlikely to happen, but if it's going to be a dream, it might as well be a good one!
What advice would you give to PR’s wanting to approach you for a campaign?
Send me round the world! Seriously though, don't take the pee. You don't work for free, so why would you expect a blogger to promote you for free. Also, read my blog before contacting me - not every post, but enough to get a feel for what it's all about. A blogger I know, who writes a lifestyle/writing blog was approached to do a post about tyre safety. It's wasting her time and the PRs.
Do you have a plan for you blog?
Yes and no. I don't have any grand plans to monetize my blog (although if the chance came along, I wouldn't say no) but I do have plans about the topics and posts I will be having for the next few months.
What do you think about rankings?
I have nothing against them, but I'm not registered to any of the sites that give rankings. Personally, I think it is hard to rank a blog on anything besides numbers, because they are all so different, and I feel numbers wise, it stands to reason that someone who has been blogging for years will have better numbers than someone who has been blogging a month, regardless of who's content is best.
Thanks again to Pink's Charming and Domesticated Momster for the nominations. Go check them out, links are at the top of the post :)