Wednesday 1 July 2015

My Monthly Reflections - June

Reflections

June was a blogging month I really enjoyed. I read some good books and reviewed them, I wrote some short stories and had some fab guest posts too!
As most of you will by now know, two weeks into June I decided the themed linky wasn't going to work. I think by limiting the linky to a niche topic, it excluded too many people from taking part. I decided to change it to a more general one, and #AnythingGoes was born. For more details, look here: http://myrandommusings.blogspot.co.uk/p/blog-page_9.html
The linky runs Monday to Monday. Also on a Monday, I will still be running my regular Thought of the Day post. Following on from feedback from June, I have also decided to keep my book reviews as a permanent feature. They will run on Thursdays, starting with my months reading list and then a review of some of the books off the list.

Here is my monthly round up!

My most viewed posts (excluding the linky posts):
1. My Favourite Linkys
http://myrandommusings.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/my-favourite-linkys.html

2. The Serial Husband
http://myrandommusings.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/the-serial-husband-short-story.html

3. Done Deal: Part Two - Darkness
http://myrandommusings.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/done-deal-part-two-darkness.html

The posts I most enjoyed writing
1. The Serial Husband
http://myrandommusings.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/the-serial-husband-short-story.html

2. Done Deal - All four parts
http://myrandommusings.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/done-deal-part-four-judgement.html (This link is for the final part, but the links to parts 1, 2 and 3 are at the top of this one)

3. Why I Prefer Books To Movies
http://myrandommusings.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/why-i-prefer-books-to-movies.html

I enjoyed the first two because I love writing fiction. The third one I really enjoyed writing because it's something that I really agree with!

My least viewed posts (not including any guest posts)
1. Sumo Me - A Brilliant Toll For Bloggers
http://myrandommusings.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/sumo-me-brilliant-tool-for-bloggers.html

2. Genres of Fiction: Best and Worst
http://myrandommusings.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/genres-of-fiction-best-and-worst.html

3. Book Review: The Ritual by Adam Nevill
http://myrandommusings.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/book-review-ritual-by-adam-nevill.html

If you have a few minutes, why not check out my best posts, or show the least popular ones a little love!
What where your best and worst posts this month?

Follow me on Twitter @randommusings29 and feel free to comment :)
You Baby Me Mummy
Running in Lavender
The Dad Network
Best of Worst

16 comments:

  1. Interesting. Sounds like you found some cool links.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    It sounds like June was a great month for you. You made some important decisions.
    Happy for you.
    Shalom,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a really good month blogging wise :) I agree that having a theme does limit the linky linkers - my linky is quite small partly for that reason. It is interesting that quite recently it feels (at least to me) that there are more and more linkies appearing, some more general and some very niche. Having a linky has almost become a blogging must-have now :D Anyway, good luck with your new and improved linky and thanks for linking up with #mymonthlyroundup :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've noticed a surge in linkys lately too. I have wanted to start one for a while but I thought my blog was too small, then I noticed a lot of new ones, and they were from some of the smaller blogs too so I decided to go for it! Thank you and thanks for hosting :)

      Delete
  4. Always good to look back over the month and reflect - hope that opening up your linky has helped with encouraging more people to link up - my two are themed and therefore quite small but it makes them manageable to run. Will have to check out some of your book reviews! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely has - I've gone from about 11 links up to around 40, so it's definitely going in the right direction. Got a review going live shortly :)

      Delete
  5. You've had SUCH a busy month!!! It;s only when you see it all written down that you realise how much you've actually done too! Keep up the great work! :) #SundayStars

    Caro | www.thetwinklediaries.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, you don't always realise at the time! Thank you so much :)

      Delete
  6. All the best with your new linky and hope your July is as much fun and busy. Thank you so much for linking up to #SundayStars xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love this round up. Really interesting. I should do this myself. #bigfatlinky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good tool to see which posts worked well and which not so well. Thank for hosting :)

      Delete
  8. Ohh I like the idea of doing a round up, great idea!! Thanks for linking up to the #bestandworst hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy doing it, I find it really useful to have a look back over what worked well and not so well. Thanks for hosting, I'll be there :)

      Delete