Wednesday 29 July 2015

Book Review: The Demonologist By Andrew Pyper

Time for the review of the third book from July's reading list. Check out the list here if you missed it.

My review of The Demonologist by Andrew Pyper
 
 
Book Review: The Demonologist by Andrew Pyper
 
Blurb from the back cover
 
The desperate search for his missing daughter will take a father to Hell and back…
Professor David Ullman is a world authority on demonic literature. So when offered a luxury trip to Venice to consult on a “phenomenon” he accepts, taking his daughter, Tess, with him.
But in Venice, things take a sinister, terrifying turn when a man speaks in the voice of David’s dead father, repeating the last words he ever spoke to his son. Then Tess disappears before his eyes.
Yet as she falls into the waters of the Grand Canal, she pleads with her father:
‘Find me…’
 
My thoughts on the book
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Set mostly in Venice, it had lovely descriptions of the city and it's canals and buildings. There is a lot more to the book than what is implied by the blurb. Although primarily a story of possession, it reminds me a little of Dan Brown's The DaVinci Code as Professor Ullman tries to unravel the reason for the possession and how to get his daughter back.
 
Conclusion and rating
A definite winner, and one I would highly recommend. 5/5
 
Have you read this book? Did you enjoy it? Let me know in the comments :)
You can find me here: Twitter Bloglovin Pinterest and Instagram Please do stop by and say hi!
 



2 comments:

  1. Sounds fascinating! I had a lot of fun reading The DaVinci Code and would enjoy another book with a similar puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed it, and would definitely recommend it :)

      Delete