Saturday, 6 June 2015
My Top 5 Favourite Authors
Narrowing down my favourite authors to just five is an incredibly difficult task for me as I love so many different genres and there are so many brilliant authors out there.
If I listed every author I liked, this post would take about six months to write! To help me narrow it down to just five, I am only going to include authors who have written more than one book/series that I have read and enjoyed. These are the authors who I actively seek out, and keep up to date on their new books, the ones who have rarely (if ever) disappointed me, the ones whose books I know I will enjoy before I even know what they are about, and the ones I can read over and over again.
1. Stephen King - I think I have read every Stephen King book, except the new one, which I am eagerly awaiting! I love all of his books, especially when he sticks to the horror genre. He really does do horror better than any other writer I have come across.
2. Jodi Picoult - I've mentioned her before, so I won't go into great detail, but she is still one of my all time favourites. If you want to know why, see here: http://myrandommusings.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/j-is-for-jodi-picoult.html
3. Diane Chamberlain - Diane Chamberlain writes about everyday people and their lives and dilemmas. I find her books very relatable and interesting. Her characters are always well written.
4. John Grisham - I love a good courtroom drama, and for me, John Grisham does this better than any other writer in the genre.
5. Sylvia Day - I think Sylvia Day deserves a mention here. She gets overlooked a lot because when you think of great writers, the female erotica (mummy porn?) writers usually don't come straight to your mind. But she's good at what she does, and she writes well. Think 50 Shades but well written, with more character development, an actual plot and for people with a reading age of over seven!
Do you agree with my list? Who would you add or remove?
Follow me on Twitter @randommusings29 and feel free to comment :)