So, today I received a Liebster Award Nomination. I am so excited to take part! If you don't know what this is (I admit I didn't until today) its quite simple. It is a way for bloggers to show a bit of love for each other, and help others get a bit more exposure, which is always a good thing! The rules are as follows:
1. Thank and link the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the questions given by the nominator.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers, who have less than 200 followers on twitter and link them.
4. Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer.
5. Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
To start then, I would like to thank Marteen Lane from
http://livelaughloveblog.com for the nomination, and here are the answers to here questions:
1. Why did you start blogging?
I originally started blogging because I want to write a book someday, and I wanted a place to experiment with writing that was actually aimed at an audience. I have now totally fell in love with blogging and can't imagine not doing it. For the full story, read this post http://myrandommusings.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/why-i-started-blogging.html
2. What song stops you in your tracks and why?
Nothing Compares To You by Sinead O'Connor. I think everything about this song is haunting. The lyrics, the music and the sheer emotion she conveys.
3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why?
I would love to live in Manhattan in New York. I love the American people, and New York is so vibrant and alive.
4. Dog or cat?
Dog all the way.
5. You’re hosting a dinner party and you’re only allowed to invite three people (dead or alive), who would they be and why?
1. Sigmund Freud - I am fascinated by Freudian psychology. I would love to pick his brains about some of his ideas.
2. Katie Piper - I think she is so amazing. To go through what she went through (if you don't know, she had a cup of acid thrown in her face) and come out of the other side, not only sane, but positive and happy is truly inspirational.
3. Adolf Hitler - I know that sounds a bit strange, but while I obviously don't agree with what he did during WW2, I would love to have a conversation and find out what was going through his mind, and how he thought genocide was a solution.
6. What would be your all time favourite book?
Wow this one is hard! I have so many. I'm going to go with the one I go back and re-read over and over again and never get bored. Rosemary's Baby by Ira Levin. There is just something about it!
7. Who was your first crush?
A boy in my class when I was around 6. I won't name and shame him, I would normally give initials, but as I don't remember his surname, he is simply A.
8. Do you have a guilty pleasure?
Watching re-runs of Gossip Girl!
9. What was the last thing you bought?
Not including groceries, because that's boring I just bought a pair of boots with ridiculously big heels. They are going to kill me, but I don't care because they are lush!
10. What is your desert island must have?
A laptop with unlimited battery lol but I think that's probably cheating! Realistically, a really good book I could read over and over.
11. What was the last film you watched?
I'm a little embarrassed to admit it but Clueless. I've seen it loads but its so watchable!
Some of those questions were hard! They really got me thinking.
My 11 questions are:
1. If you could have any superpower what would it be and why?
2. If you could interview anyone, alive or dead, for your blog who would it be and why?
3. What are your 3 handbag (or pocket) essentials?
4. If your house was on fire and you could only save one thing (not including people and pets) what would it be and why?
5. If someone offered you £1 million to be filmed 24/7 for a month (including bathing, toilet, sex, the works) and be put on YouTube would you do it?
6. True love or unlimited money?
7. If you go time travel 10 years into your future and see yourself, but be unable to change the outcome, would you do it and why?
8. At what age would you say you were happiest?
9. If you could change 1 thing about your life what would it be and why?
10. What is your all time favourite post you've written on your blog?
11. Sweet or savoury?
I now nominate the following bloggers to answer my questions and take part in the Liebster Award (I must confess to cheating here - a few of these have just over 200 followers, but it was so hard finding brand new accounts sorry!):
@singleparents_ @holly_berryx @blissfulblonde @xoandso @brittanyalana_ @xoxokaymo @doneishadodd @beckybeablog @lazythoughtsxo @stylealfresco @mydaywithjack Give them a follow on Twitter!
If I haven't nominated you, and you would like to take part, feel free to answer these questions! Send me your link, I would love to read your answers.
Follow me on Twitter @randommusings29 and feel free to comment :)