Tuesday 25 August 2015

It's A Blogger's Life with Trista from Domesticated Momster

It's A Blogger's Life with Trista from Domesticated MomsterWelcome to the It's A Blogger's Life interview series.
As you may have seen, I posted a list of some of my favourite blogs at the start of the month, and what it is I love about them. Check it out here, you will definitely find some amazing new blogs to follow if you missed it first time around. I asked some of the amazing bloggers if they would be willing to take part in this series and introduce themselves to you and share a little of their blogging wisdom.
I was so happy at the responses I got to my request - it really does go to show the strength of the blogging community and how bloggers help each other out.
Thank you to everyone who responded, and thanks to each and every one of you on that list for consistently publishing beautiful and inspiring posts that keep me coming back for more.
Anyway, enough from me, over to the interview.

Today we have Trista from Domesticated Momster

It's A Blogger's Life with Trista from Domesticated Momster


1. Tell us a little about yourself
I am a full time stay at home mommy of 5 kids (although one has officially moved out).  The 4 that remain are 15(boy), 5(boy), 4(girl), 3(girl).  We live in a very small town (less than 8,000 people) smack dab in the middle of northern Nevada.
My husband works in the mining industry and I try to maintain the house and not killing the kids as well as I can.  Most days are filled with spraying everything with Febreeze (including the kids) and blogging.  Blogging being a true addiction and I am not afraid to admit it.
My husband and I have been together coming up on the 7 year itch now.  An itch that requires a lot of soothing lately. 
2. Why did you start blogging?
Being a stay at home mom is hard on the social life as it is.  Add that to moving across an entire state and leaving behind everyone you had built friendships with and then now living in a small town of introverted people and it becomes extremely lonely.  My husband suggested to me to find a hobby.  Something that I enjoy that I could do while being at home with the kids.  Someone had suggested to me one time that I should blog, apparently they thought my sense of humor should be read by others.  I had never thought of it before.  I sat down one day.  Thought of a clever name.  And boomDomesticated Momster was born.
 3. What is your blog about?

I like to blog about most anything.  But mostly its about the sarcastic side of motherhood.  Motherhood is the biggest challenge I have ever encountered in my life.  It comes with struggles and joys all rolled into one sticky little package sealed with spit.  My kids are my everything.  Including all my new gray hair.
4. What are the long term goals for your blog?
I believe I will never truly give up blogging.  I just love it too much.  Of course I would like to make money doing it.  Those who say they wouldnt are full of it.  I mean who wouldnt like to make a financial income while being in the comforts of home?  I have two years to make this happen or its back into the beauty industry I go.  My youngest will be start school in two years and I always said I would go back to work then.
 5. Any tips for bloggers?

I cant stress enough to always love your fellow blogger.  If they ask for helphelp them.  We were all in a beginners stage at one time.  If someones blog seems more successful than yours its no reason to be spiteful or rude.  Maybe if you are nice they might just throw you a bone.  Blogging is a whole world of interesting people.  Find a group that you like talking to and build a relationship.

6. Describe yourself in 3 words
Loyal, Honest, Mommy

7. What are your top 3 blogging essentials?
I use the text edit program on my Mac.  It makes little post it type notes and I keep everything on those notes.  Blogs I like to link up to.  Shortcuts to blog posts that I use a lot, lists of contacts, etc.  I also love my photoshop program.  I love doing graphic design and photography.  I try to make most of the media in my blog posts. My phone.  It goes everywhere with me and I use it whenever I am not able to be on the computer.

8. What would be your dream blogging assignment and why?
To write for a company that my work would actually be seen by a lot of people.

9. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose and why?
In the mountains and right next to a lake.  I love the outdoors and I love water. 

10. Where can we find you?
Domesticated Momster blog, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, and Instagram. Or email her.

Show Trista some love - visit her blog, follow her on social media and of course, leave her some comments below :)

Thank you so much Trista for taking part!

Stay tuned for more It's A Blogger's Life - next up is Angela from Days in Bed on 28th August.

You can find me here: Twitter Bloglovin Pinterest and Instagram Please do stop by and say hi!


Let's Talk Mommy

12 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this and finding out more about Trista. I love how passionate she is about blogging.
    #Sharewithme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trista is one of my favourite bloggers for that very reason! I love her writing as well, but I really love how focussed and passionate she is.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much Debbie for including me in your blogger interviews! You are one awesome lady! And always spreading the #bloggerlove!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're more than welcome, I'm so glad you took part :) #lovethebloggerlove

      Delete
  3. Lovely interview Debbie and another great blog to follow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Trista's blog is brilliant, make sure to check it out!

      Delete
    2. Great interview and you are right Trista's blog is brilliant always good for a giggle.

      Delete
    3. Yeah, she has a wicked sense of humour :)

      Delete
  4. What a great interview Debbie. Great idea to do this series!
    I love Trista. She is AMAZING!! I love her sense of humour plus she helps the new bloggers a lot! I actually learned a lot from her. She has this #bloggerlove idea that I love a lot. Thanks for sharing, xx
    #sharewithme

    http://www.amomentwithfranca.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about both the humour and the help. I love her blog and her attitude to other blogger's is spot on. I love her #bloggerlove campaign :) x

      Delete
  5. Great getting to know more about you and helpful tips too. I couldn't agree more that all bloggers should help support and love thy fellow blogger. I always try to help where I can as so many have helped me along the way. Thank you for linking up to Share With Me #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, we should be raising each other up rather than trying to knock each other down! Thanks for hosting :)

      Delete