Tuesday 2 June 2015

Guest Post: Daydreaming - All Part Of A Writer's Job! by Julie Shackman

Julie Shackman, writer

Today's post is a guest post from the lovely Julie Shackman who blogs over at http://julieshackman.wordpress.com/. For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of visiting her blog yet, here is a little background about her:


I trained as a journalist, but writing romance has always been a dream of mine. When I've not got my head in a book or drafting one, I write verses and captions for greetings cards companies. Writing at home seems to be incredibly difficult for me - I usually require tea, music and noise! My second romcom, "Hero or Zero" is out now. "Rock My World was my debut romcom and I'm currently writing a third romcom, which features a well known historical figure! I'm married, have two sons and live in Scotland.

Now onto the best bit, Julie's brilliant post!


Day-Dreaming – All Part of a Writer’s Job!
Julie Shackman

Creating your own characters and dreaming up a whole new world, has to be one of the most satisfying parts of being an author.

Staring out of the window of my local coffee shop (it is work, honest!) thinking of who I’m going to come up with next and why – with my notebook in front of me – is, I think for me and for most writers, both exciting and terrifying at the same time.

Right from an early age, I knew I wanted to write romance.

I remember reading “Princess Daisy” at the age of about 13 and I was totally blown away.

Creating a novel which stays with the reader for a long time, is what authors hope to achieve every time they pick up their pen or approach their keyboard.

For me, writers like Jenny Colgan; Wendy Holden and Sophie Kinsella achieve this every time they publish a new novel. They create escapism with compelling characters and clever storylines, which I just lose myself in page after page.

The world can often be a sad and upsetting place but when you discover escapism through the pages of a novel, there is no feeling like it.

I couldn’t imagine doing anything else, other than writing romantic comedies (ok, I also write greetings card verses and captions but that’s another story!) and I just hope my writing connects with people in the same way as my favourite authors never fail to touch me.

Happy Reading!

Julie X


 
Hero or Zero by Julie Shackman cover



 
Available now!

To check out Julie's novels, have a look here:http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00O0198SK/
Her novels are published by Not So Noble Books, which you can check out here: http://t.co/RvLGJMdWkr

Show Julie a little love!
Check out her Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/julie.shackman
Follow her on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/G13Julie
Check out her blog: http://julieshackman.wordpress.com/

I hope you have enjoyed Julie's post as much as I did! Feel free to leave her some comments below!


  

Super Busy Mum
My Random Musings
Brilliant blog posts on HonestMum.com
Running in Lavender
The Dad Network

4 comments:

  1. aww nice post, I don't consider myself a writer as such I guess writing is part of what I do in blogging but I often find myself drifting off into day dreams about blog posts and ideas! thanks for linking up to #sundaystars x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! A lot of my posts are mentally written in my head before I sit down at the laptop. Thanks for hosting :)

      Delete
  2. Nice to read a post that is so passionate. Thank you for linking up #bigfatlinky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it was a very good post! Thanks for hosting :)

      Delete