Friday 6 November 2015

Going Self Hosted!

Well, this is it. My last post until Monday 16th November!

Going Self Hosted!
As a lot of you will know (due to me banging on and on about it!) I'm finally making the jump to self hosted. I know, I must be crazy!

I have debated it for a while, and I keep backing out because I know nothing about Word Press, and not much about HTML, programming or building a website. This time I'm not backing out.

When I started this blog, I went in completely blind. I had no idea what blogging entailed and had no idea about anything really. And here I am, 8 months later. I have learned so much that I thought I would never learn. Because when it's happening, you sink or swim, so I had to learn.

So I'm making the jump with the same attitude. It'll work because it has to. I will learn because I have to.

The worst thing that can happen (famous last words!) is that I won't be able to successfully import all of the posts from here. If that happens, I will cry! Seriously though, I've started from scratch once and I can do it again.

So I make the jump with an attitude of que sera sera! Part of me is terrified it goes horribly wrong, but the bigger part of me is so excited. It feels like the right time to make the jump.

So to everyone who has followed my journey so far, thank you, and I hope you will make the jump with me. Prepare for a re-launch next Monday with a whole new design and lots to come! I'll still be around on Twitter if anyone wants to say hello or send virtual wine :)

See you on the other side!

19 comments:

  1. Yay, I'm sure all will go well. And we will be here waiting! So happy for your new beginnings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, how exciting! I'll be watching and keeping my fingers crossed. I have started mulling over the possibility of going self hosted so I'll definitely follow you over and see how you're doing. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) There will definitely be a post about it once its done!

      Delete
  3. Well, good luck! See you when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! I think it will be well worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the move. I hope it all goes well!
    I am too scared to make the jump. I don't understand Wordpress at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I don't either, but I figure if I make the jump I will have to learn it lol :)

      Delete
  6. Good luck Debbie! Check in if you need help...my hubby is really good and can try and assist a bit xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah, that's really nice of you :) You'll probably hear from me about 15 times a day lol! x

      Delete
  7. Good luck Debbie! Check in if you need help...my hubby is really good and can try and assist a bit xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy trails!!! Here's to your new beginning! *clink* :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Almost done, so exciting to show everyone!

      Delete
  9. good luck Debbie and i hope it all works out for you :)

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela, I'm nearly done and really happy with it! :)

      Delete
  10. a very good article with an attractive design and content that is easy to understand it.
    This is indeed a very good job, still continue to post the latest information or simply update the other.
    really inspired me
    visit | Khasiat Obat Ace Maxs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Best wishes! I'm glad to have found you through the A to Z Challenge. Thank you for stopping by with a kind word. And I'm impressed by your bravery, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  12. With havin so much content do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or copyright violation? My
    site has a lot of unique content I've either written myself or outsourced but it appears a lot of it is popping it up
    all over the web without my authorization. Do you know any
    ways to help reduce content from being ripped off?
    I'd certainly appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete